Monday, December 17, 2007

feline furr n wetty p@lm part 1 :)

Kucing @ cat.either we luv em or loath em.no spoilt vote here,period full stop.urs truly has cats,many of em.lets see…first there was pusi,a pure blooded Siamese cat when I was just a toddler given by mr smart,former manager of straits smelting to my late grandma and she passed pusi to me as a pet.we had laughter and fond memories together…me n pussi.she’ll sat on my tiny n feeble lap and I’ll pulled her tail haha what else a 3-yr-old boy can do much to entertain himself other than doing unexplainable things to the adult mind .sadly pusie fell gravely ill when I was about 4plus plus.my parents as all responsible parents, tried vainly to get pusie back to normal health..countless trips to the vet n homely quick fixed u’ll be well, all come up to no avail  after battling her mysterious illness for more than 2 mnths,pusie succumb to her illness and passed away peacefully under my dad’s Hillman Imp car one fine afternoon.my dad ceremoniously gave pusie a well sent off by putting her to rest under a mango tree infront of our home.then came inda an alley cat picked up by my dad at a construction site.thou an alley cat,inda = a rarity coz he’s a 3 stripe male cat.a really nuisance every morning cuz he’ll jumped on my bed and started licking my nose while making this strange “purring” sound.yucks!!!he’ll go all around me until I gaveup n got off my bed.that’s inda,a no nonsense alley cat  recalling back my memory with inda…he likes to chase cochroches,mice n birds.he spent most of his time wandering around the neighbourhood luring other female feline to bear his offsprings.that’s norm for any male alley cat day in day out – a routine inda had a tragic end to his colorful life – run down by something moving that have wheels.it was a sad day for me coz at the age of 11 ive learnt many emotional feelings.gave him an appropriate burial under a durian tree on the left side of my parents home.after inda,I havnt had the chance to own a cat until im in my junior year in college.since I befriended shah,she always pestered me to get her something for a pet.all her squeeking and gruntling to own a pet fell on deaf ears of urs truly,not that I do not want her to own pet or afraid she might chided me and spent her time with her will be pet –just the timing aint right during summer break in 1988,received a late night phone call from shah asking me to take her to Montgomery Ward,one of down town Long Beach premier shopping mall the nxt dy.deep dwn in my heart I know this is it,time to finally hold the white flag and bought her a pet cuz 2 dys beforehand shah had told me she’ll be getting herself a pet,no matter what. So around 9 am on a heaty summer day in 1988 picked up shah at her apt #1,walnut avenue and heading straight to downtown long beach.had our b/fast at a Vietnamese run donut house,instead of our normal donut outpost – windchell’s.had a sugar raise n a cup of tea,while my opposite half had her usual apple pie .after a few banter we went to a pet shop at the said mall n w/out further delay pickup a black as coal crossed breed male kitten.20 bucks changed hands n we made a swift exit from the mall.upon reaching home shah told me the kitten will be named che tam haha too obvious eyy?nevertheless che tam he is until the sad day we hd to part company with him,three weeks after graduation day.in between the hot summer month of 1988 and the wintery month(there’s no snow blizzard anywhere near long beach,even a tiny drop of snow flake shied away cuz long beach is a costal city 30 mins drive south of los angeles where the infamous and notorious monghul of long beach,all harley D riding motorcycles brotherhood were based;not even the world reknown hell’s angels motorcycles chapter dared to confront the monghul  am proud of u monghul braders : live to die not live to ride )of dec 31st 1989 che tam = our common pet.one distinguished memory stuck out with che tam was the day he had a nasty fall n dislocated

2 comments:

Unknown said...

no cats for sarah...urrgghhhh... can't breathe... help... (*rummage bag for inhaler*)

ves said...

owhh uve asthma?need to frequent the pool my fren...one dr told me once.ty