Thursday, December 27, 2007

LOTR Trilogy...rohan rider saddleup..pls

Visited OD’s (Opah D) blog site.wud be great writer in her own right,oneday…amen!
She loves LOTR (Trilogy) haha.she’s kinda harry moter the potter type.ghouls,elves,gnomes = her medium.she had published many great novels.thou based abroad,down under to be précised,OD flavour = local.must let my uncle,suhaimi haji Muhammad know that there’s a perak lady based in oz who writes great fiction/thriller novels.tis uncle of mine,famed for his unorthordox poem,poetry,short essay,trilogy,antology novels etc was a winner of numerous writer’s award,from the prestigious SEA writer’s award to the homebased sastrawan perak award.of late his writing = inclined towards the spiritual/holy substances.he showed me a raw draft bound of his new pet work.he was all sprite n passionate briefing me on his new work,why he deviated from his usual trademark so on so forth.back to OD…must meet her oneday,hopefully when she launches her new novel somewhere downtown kl…the last launching was held near merdeka square…me think kl tower is the appropriate launching venue of her coming novel…coz me nvr go to kl tower,yet haha.hopefully OD will be kind enuff to let me in,for free…in return me buy her new novel,win-win situation.
As a former hardcore biker,steel/iron horse me ride…am suitable for the “rohan rider” part in LOTR.gallant,full of steam,air of panache,immortal,sleek…yeap me wanna be rider of rohan in life - steelhorse,body armour,sword n axe.butch Cassidy n sundance kid better watchout,go cover urselves in president bush’s bunker coz this rohan rider take no mercy…on guard!!!
taking a glance at the trophy/medallion laden cabinet…one particular object strike me eyes.a 3rd placing medal in archery won by rizq syahrin Muhammad during U-15 inter district archery competition (a bronze medal that was).archery is a gentleman sport,he told me…so need to hv the proper equipment,finger tap,torso vest,arm protector,arrow case,bow etc.bought most of the needed equipment bar one…the most essential of all, a bow.he needed to hv his own bow in order to excell in the sport.olympia typewriter to OD,Samick bow to syahrin…a must for any great archer.w/out his own bow at his disposal,he hd to share common bow (school stock)with his fellow teammates.not that I didn’t want to get him a bow,me went to one fine archery supply store,a nice Chinese lady goes by the name of Julie runs the store (the store which me bought all the stuff needed by syahrin) n had a look at one used American made bow plus all the balancers,rm1,200 nett.a spanking brand new wud cost more than rm3,000 she told me.as always,cash in short supply…told her I wud be back within a week with the cash requested.4 dys later went to the store,only to find out that one lucky soul had been the new owner of the bow…me forgot to put a deposit haha.julie was all apologistics…told me had I put down rm10.00 as a deposit,the bow wud be in my hand by now…life so beautiful…still hv my rm1,200.instead of a bow,me went to tabung haji n deposited the money into syahrin’s account.u win some u lose some…all my kids are sportsmen/women.handball,volleyball,football,hockey,archery,sepaktakraw n shot putt.syamsul represented the kinta district in handball (received a call up to the state selection),syahrin represented kinta district in archery,rest of the kids…interschools.my legacy…shot putt in the field event.every year during school sports day,my off springs,boys n gals nvr failed to bring home the medals in that event.the least is a silver.the genes are there u know…muscles hv brains of their own,cuz in the event u need not be the biggest nor the bulkiest…strength at par with others…correct techniques,perfect timing n muscles contraction at the precise point…haihoo…u’ll be on the top podium.it brings back to our previous narrating…rider of rohan aka steelhorse rider.once a rider will always be a rider,no matter how long u parted company with ur ride.same apply to writer…only if there’s a mental blockage,only then u cant write.a writer will for ever writes.a writer analys,see/think,grasp differently from other joe/jane,the left side brain in use more than 3%.hmmm jk rawlings n her cute piggy bank...count me in or count me not?so...need my whip n leather saddle...wud be saddleking meself.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Salam Ves...
No lah, me not that great a writer la. Not yet... gegegege but thanks a million. Anyway, I would luvvvv to meet your uncle, Suhaimi Muhammad. Surname dah sama... huhu. He must be one interesting man from the North. Orait, apa lagi, riders of Rohan, moh turun padang... huhu. Hope to meet you and family kat PWTC nanti.

ves said...

owhhh OD,u down to earth jet setter...kl tower la pls,deal is deal :) pwtc...okie dokie as long as syamil n baby syark's hardbound copies u autograph urself OD...nice to know ppl like u can get inside my kids brain.keep up the great work OD ty