Saturday, December 15, 2007

wedding - my w@y

Walimatul-urus – from my humble perspective.traditional values versus the more uptodate modern hybrid cross mixed menu onboard.
Of late there r all sorts of chaos among the old guard protecting what may be left of our traditional malay wedding custom,namely the merisik,menanda,meminang-bertunang,hantaran belanja hangus (burnt burnt),majlis berinai (henna?),majlis akad nikah,majlis mambatalkan air sembayang n lastly the garndiest of all…mother or errrr grandma of all occasion – bersanding cum wedding reception (elaborate décor,u do not know whois the guests on board,banquet feast fit for the king of this earth,yeap u read it correctly no need to take a closer look : king of the earth if there’s one  ),…hold on a sec need to catch my breath  my hands on xperience came in the early part of mid 20’s.naah not 1820’s or 1920’s laaa dowh!!!by the end of the ceremonious wedding reception,both my other haf n me = mentally,physically,spiritually n emotionally drained,just like a piece of linen tumbled dry in the dryer again n again!!~haha aint typing no more.
wedding or to my preferable term = coming of 2 hearts together as one, shud (shall I use the term must)be private,simple,unassuming n family oriented,okey closest of kinship,inner circle of frens n left right north south neighbours only.other than that = out of bounds.cant we spared the king/queen of the day from them audiences?for what ever reason there might be…let them be the king/queen n we mere living creatures must abide by their command.haha hv u ever seen the king/queen on the altar weeping unstoppably?ur sincerely on countless countback witness the unthinkable…not once twice but thrice!!!~keh keh keh how interesting  since then vowed to myself not to let the unthinkable happen to any of my offsprings on their most important day.i’ll let em decide from a-zee (American English).their wish is my command.let em share their solemn promise to each other in a private n reclusive manner.posh it will be,I’ll vouch u on that.probably syahrin wants to hold his big day on a cruise ship…consider done my dear son or sofea wants all table cloths laced by her fav designer label- gladly done too or syarkhiel wanna an all white (am an all black fan,Andrew Mertherns is my idol:he looks like a school boy but play/read the game like a master…the best #10 to my beggy eyes) English Rose England Jersey drapping all the seats…haha dun care as long as the pleasure is him,king of the day.alas I need to check on my Scottish Bukta jersey…now where did I see it decades from now – on my back for sure!!!that’s for me to keep.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ours was very simple, just the akad nikah, followed by kenduri... no berinai, no bersanding, etc...
yes, we were wedded our way... (to the chagrin of family members...)

ves said...

make ur day iznt it?yeap shud be the way...the ur way :)ty