Tuesday, December 18, 2007

roses @rent alwiz red...but they do come in red @rent they...?

Egg is telo
wood is kayu
when I tido
I teringatkan u…haha funny words (cheah chan yuen 6A)
Those sweet phrases n many more were the art work of my primary schoolmates...inked n sealed in my autograph book.kept the hardbound to these days cuz most of the writings were special to me,as a classmate,friend n human.
One friend wrote : u always shared ur nasik goring with me…hope we can be classmates again…by rafiuddin bin abu baker,yeap his father’s name is abu baker originated from madras,India.sadly we parted company – he went to mrsm kulim and ur not so sparky here went to star ipoh.

One of my ustazah wrote : dear rizq,pls look down to the fresh green grass occasionally when ure upthere one day cuz..that’s where u once were…ustazah halimah binti ibrahim.plainly a second look need not be gazed towards these 3 sweet written phrases,yet it struck me when I went thru those pages during my college years.how I longed to be with em companion,craved the sweet boyhood memories n the motherly voices of my ustazahs n teachers…puan zainab,mrs khor,ms basha n mrs lee,the strict mr mat anjang pulau,mr warren,mr lee,cikgu zainal n others…all tribute to em.w/out them urs truly wont be no where near the present mark.
Puan zainab n mrs lee were my boy scout or wolfie cub teachers.from em I learned survival skills,knot tying,compass and map reading.went on to attain my silver patch at the annual boy scouts jamboree.it was fun n personally I hd a good outing,finishing third overall in the map reading competition,whereas in the knot tying event came 7th overall from 30 plus contestants.
Mr Lee n cikgu zainal were our school football coaches.under their tutolage I learned the rope of becoming a good central defender.they demonstrated to me about positioning,perfect timing,the art of tackling a center forward and most of important – fair play.they inculcated good values to us,the school footballers to be proud achievers,passionate team player,seeking none personal glory (no one above the team) n instilled great team spirit.we emerged as runnersup in the district championship,narrowly beaten by the better technically n tactically and far superior talent of sk sg rokam(had a hard time containing their center forwad-rahmat(hes a big,burly strong as a bull yet with quickest of feet…one of 6 org asli kids in sk sg rokam team sheet)a didier drogba as what to chelsea,spearheading the rentless attack on opponent’s goal as rahmat to sk sg rokam.were beaten what seemingly as endless as the flow of a river in the final,luckily adnan my sweeper and team captain save my blushes except for one great body move by rahmat managed to out witted both of us and resulted in a one nil defeat;as a footnote sk sg rokam went all the way,emerging as the state level champion that year…1979.three of my teammates went on to donned the state colors in the mssm competition,me not included since am still nursing a toe injury – a hairline fracture when I took a dive to save what looked like an apparent goal during a goal mouth scrambled;a goal line clearance n in doing so crashed my toe against the upright!!!took 6 months of healing process.my ankle was incast for 3 weeks n had to be treated by a fracture bomoh…six agonizing months just flew thru the window.my mum was all worried that am not going to overcome the injury,mind u limping for the best part of half a year.hehe looking back at what seems to be hard put to walk,am convinced w/out the injury am able to give other defender run for their money for a place in the state team.
Mrs Khor and ms basha were the school choir conductors.yeap am in the school choir roster  punctuality = is the doctrine.good vocal but no self discipline or u show up late for practises,they will be mad as a march hare;out u go.their rule = make it simple n fuss free.we must be as keen as a mustard to be a member of the school choir,told mrs basha.most of us,the choirboys had to stay back at school thrice a week to sort our vocal out,we had to sing our heart out,shouting,whisper,hissing in front of a mirror!!!after 2 months of intensive training we were all ready to be an assemble.since our school choir –all boy choir,we cant make a lasting impression on the judges,we aint in the consolation prize,even,tell u haha!!p.s. our voices were as loud as thunder,as sour as vinegar and as hoarse as a crow,all in one package put together!!!hehe.
Cikgu mat anjang pulau (now a registrar of marriage)was my class teacher,6A and the school hockey coach.his son,noor azlan bin mat was a classmate of mine.cikgu mat drives a blue mazda 808 ferrying half a dozen kids from his residential area to school,daily.during that period of time its common practice for teachers to act as a chauffer to schoolkids hehe.by car by bus,by truck,yeap truck aka school ferry deployed by the msian arm forces to transport army personnel’s kids to school,by motorbike,by bicycle,walk to school n by trishaw,u name it.cikgu mat,one of the stricter teacher teached me maths and bahasa malaysia.moulded me to appreciate figures n actual facts,his method n pedagogy of teaching the subject took my fullest attention n for the benefit of it,at par with mohd najib bin alwi ( my fellow starian n a medical practitioner right now) the school best student.by dint of learning the formule,am able to solve quite a number of quizzical mathematical equation.
In token of gratitude to my past masters-I salute u all for shapes,mould n form iam now,aint a jaundiced eye,neither a knotty problem guy,neither a left handed compliment nor an idle talk man.just a plain simple,fair copy,happy medium chap.

Jasni jaal = hp accounts manager,industrial division
Rafiuddin abu baker = certified public accountant
Mohd najib alwi = md (usm)
Adnan = unit head,directorate dewan bandaraya ipoh
Azizul hisham aziz zaman = full colonel in the rmf,as of typing based in lebonan under the malcon II peace keeping forces,his last email dated dec 2,2007…”just 8 map cliques from the hizbollah front line”
Azhan nordin = pilot,royal msian airforce
Azizul zam zam amin = pilot,royal msian airforce
Sam thean sun = it store operator
Roslan sheriff = it vendor projek lebuh raya utara selatan (PLUS)
Sundra kantha = chemical engineer
Lee kean cheong = audiophiles store proprietor
Rizq = street peddling hawker
Mohd nizam aris = formerly a warrant officer with msian army,now a successful eateries co-owner
Azizul kama abd aziz = palm oil tycoon
Aminuddin abd hamid = project engineer,uem builders

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a pen, my pen is blue
I have a friend, my friend is you... :)

ves said...

haha cutie sarah...great to hv u as my fren :) ty